The Journal of the American Studies Association of Texas (US ISSN 0587 5064) is a peer-reviewed journal published annually by the American Studies Association of Texas. It is indexed by the MLA Directory of Periodicals Database, which is available online through EBSCO. The purpose of JASAT is to focus interdisciplinary attention on the most important thematic, methodological, and pedagogical issues in American culture. JASAT welcomes manuscripts 15-25 pages in length on various aspects of American culture—e.g., history, literature, popular culture, critical theory, technology, gender, race and ethnicity, and the arts—preferably with an emphasis on Texas, the South or Southwest.
Members of ASAT receive the annual journal as a benefit of their membership. For others, annual subscription rates in United States Postal zones are as follows: institutions $25, college and university libraries $20, secondary school libraries $15, students enrolled in appropriate courses $10 per issue. Teachers should endorse subscription requests. Single back issues, if available, $25. Other countries should add $5 for postage.
The deadline to submit a paper or book review to JASAT is April 1-July 31st.
Manuscripts must be sent as an e-mail attachment in Word format. All manuscripts must conform to the APA (American Psychological Association) Style and should be submitted to the Editor, Sharon Bracken, JASAT, Department of Journalism, Baylor University, e-mail at Sharon_k_johnson@baylor.edu or Co-Acquisition Editors: Cassy Burleson, Ph.D., or Mia Moody-Ramirez, Ph.D.,: Cassy_Burleson@baylor.edu or Mia_Moody@baylor.edu.
- Sharon_k_johnson@baylor.edu, Baylor University, Editor
- Doug Ferdon, Ph.D., Editor Emeritus
- Cassy Burleson, Ph.D., Baylor University, Co-Acquisitions Editor
- Mia Moody-Ramirez, Ph.D., Baylor University, Co-Acquisitions Editor
- Liz Fassih, Assistant Editor
- Sawyer Smith, Editorial Assistant
- Sean Ferrier-Watson, Collin College, Book Review Editor
- Barbara Miles, ASAT, President
- Barbara Miles, Sam Houston, State University, ASAT, President
- Cassy Burleson, Ph.D., Baylor University, Co-Acquisition Editor
- David Sonenschein, Independent Scholar, San Antonio
- Debra D. Andrist, Sam Houston, State University
- Doug Ferdon, Baylor University Emeritus
- Elisabeth-Christine Muelsch, Angelo State University
- Joe Fulton, Baylor University
- John Tisdale, Texas Christian University
- Larry J. Reynolds, Texas A&M University
- Mia Moody-Ramirez, Ph.D., Baylor University, Co-Acquisition Editor
- Richard Tuerk, Texas A&M University – Commerce
- Todd Giles, Midwestern State University University