All submissions to JASAT should be sent to the acquisitions editors listed below for consideration. Manuscripts must not be previously published, nor should they be submitted for publication elsewhere while under review by JASAT’s editorial staff.
Documents to be submitted (3):
• a short professional sketch of no more than 100 words-be sure to include university affiliation and job title
• a title page containing complete contact information (address, phone number, e-mail address)
• a manuscript that includes the submission’s title only; no name should appear on the submission as the journal employs a “blind review” process, meaning that a copy of the article will be forwarded to reviewers without revealing the author’s name. Please include bibliographic documentation with your manuscript.
- 1. Essays/articles should range between 15-20 pages of double-spaced text in 12 pt. Times New Roman font, including all bibliographic information. Please note that the 15-page minimum should be 15 pages of text. Less than 15 pages of text will be rejected as underdeveloped. Essays/articles should explore an American Studies theme and be written in clear US English in the active voice and third person, in a style accessible to a scholarly audience with interdisciplinary interests. Authors should maintain a scholarly tone and avoid themes and language that reflect discriminatory or inflammatory overtones. Creative works (fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction) that explore American Studies themes will be considered as follows:
o Fiction/Creative Non-fiction works of 10-15 pages (editing may be required as space allows)
o Poetry-five pages (multiple poems will be considered as long as they do not exceed the 5 page limit)
2. JASAT requires use of the most current American Psychological Association (APA) style guide
Documents should be created in MS-Word and sent in one attachment to the appropriate acquisitions editor:
Cassy_Burleson@baylor.edu (creative works, artwork) Mia_Moody@baylor.edu (non-fiction)
An email indicating receipt of the submission will be sent within 72 hours. Notification of acceptance for the current or a future issue will be made within 60 days of review or no later than May 31st of the submission year.